The leading types of prenatal DNA testing available.
Interested in prenatal DNA testing or paternity DNA testing while pregnant to prove who the father of your unborn child is?
There are three main types of prenatal DNA testing available, invasive procedures such as amniocentesis or CVS (chronic villus sample) and Non-Invasive Blood draw. Fill out the form for a free consultation or call toll free 1-800-985-2749.
Prenatal DNA Testing via Amniocentesis
The amniocentesis is an invasive procedure that is conducted between 14 to 24 weeks gestation. It involves sticking a needle into the womb and withdrawing amniotic fluid.
For this type of paternity testing a sample from the mother and potential father(s) is also necessary.
If you are interested in this type of prenatal DNA test there are risks so you should discuss your desires with your doctor prior to making arrangements to have the test done. She or he can explain what it entails.
Another option you have is to use one of our doctors. At The Paternity Lab we have a whole network of doctors at our disposal. We can easily connect you with one in your local area. This test is time sensitive. Contact us immediately to get started before the window of opportunity runs out. Results are usually available in as little as 5 days.
Prenatal DNA Testing via CVS (chronic villus sample)
The CVS is another invasive procedure but is done at 10 to 13 weeks gestation. As with any procedure you want to have done while pregnant; contact your doctor before making arrangements to have the procedure done so you will be aware of the risks and benefits. This form of prenatal DNA testing involves extraction of a sample of the placenta through the vagina. A sample from the mother and potential father(s) is also required.
Once the sample is taken there is a small window of time in which it can be tested. Prenatal DNA testing needs to be done immediately to obtain optimal results. Results are usually available up to 5 days post sample collection. Whichever prenatal DNA testing method you choose you need to start the process today.
Call us at 800-985-2749 or fill out the online form for your free consultation.
Non-Invasive Prenatal Paternity DNA Testing
The first option is the non-invasive prenatal paternity test. In a non-invasive Prenatal Paternity Test, fetal DNA circulating in the mother’s blood is detected and analyzed using microarray SNP technology, comparing the markers between the child and alleged father to determine paternity.
This test requires a blood draw from the mom-to be. Testing can be performed any time starting in the 9th week of pregnancy.
CALL NOW: (800) 985-2749
7 reasons why you should use The Paternity Lab for your Prenatal Paternity DNA testing needs:
- Your call will NEVER go to Voicemail during working hours.
- We have never lost a client because of price.
- Once you agree on price and make a deposit via credit card your appointment can be set for same day or next day if desired.
- We also provide mobile collection service if you need us to come to you.
- On the day of your appointment you will not wait in long lines as we honor your time. Many customers come to our locations during their lunch hour.
- After you’re collection is complete your samples will be sent to the lab via priority mail (1-2 days) and the balance will be charged to your credit card.
- The turnaround time for paternity and/or maternity DNA testing is approximately two business days from the time all samples arrive to the lab. For other types of DNA testing, such as prenatal paternity testing or sibling DNA testing, the turnaround time will be five business days.